According to the Institute for Economics and Peace that rated the relative tranquility of 144 nations according to 23 indicators-including gun sale the number of people in jail. The index define peace as ” the absence of violence”, and so far, things are a little dicey. Violence ad instability have increased, respect for human rights has decreased. The researchers also calculated that the world’s nation have collectively lost close to $8 trillion due to the complications of widespread violence.
The List of The Most 10 Peaceful Places to Live On Earth
- NEW ZEALANDNew Zealand might be the most isolated and expansive fully develop nation in the world. It shares no borders, sits relatively distant from any other nation, has no real national enemies, has a safe democracy and a diverse landscape with many remote places to hide away withing. Furthermore, it ranked #1 on Global Peace Index on 2009
- BHUTANLandlocked among the Himalaya mountains, Bhutan is one of the most isolated nations in the world. It also showcases one of the most stable balances in the world between modernization and retention of ancient culture. Its religious population believes in peaceful resolution to all conflict, and although it sits in a troubled region, it remains protected its geography.
- ICELANDIceland, has no borders, has remote locations, is stable as a country and has virtually not world enemies. Its people are happy and the nation always ranks highly on the Global Peace Index. If would conflict erupts, Iceland is one of the few stable nations in the world unlikely to get caught up in the middle.
- TUVALUIsolated in the middle of Micronesia, Tuvalu is among the safest and most remote places in the World. It is the third leas populated country on Earth, and the forth smallest. There are only a few places more distant from world’s strife than Tuvalu
- FINLANDFinland has a long history of desiring to stay out of international conflicts, is recognized as neutral and always ranks in the top 10 of the Global Peace Index. It’s northerly location also typically means the remote areas of this country are a perfect place to disappear.
- SEYCHELLESA Side from being safely isolated from the rest of the world in the middle of the Indian Ocean, this beautiful island nation is a great place to forget about your worries. Isolation is the key here. And conflict is as transparent as the water
- CANADACanada is the second largest nation in the world, yet it only shares a land border with one other country- the U.S.A. – and it is a peaceful border. That means there is a great expanse to escape to , if need be. Furthermore, Canada has few world enemies, ranks consistently high on the Global Peace Index, and is relatively homogeneous.
- PAPUA NEW GUINEAThere are regions of Papua New Guinea that are still being discovered for the first time. The canopy covered, mountainous nation contains some of the most isolated places in the world. Tuck yourself away in a nook here and it may be one of the few places left where you can completely insulate yourself from the outside world.
- COSTA RICACosta Rica has a stable democracy, a disbanded military and a national policy of neutrality. It also rank highly on the Global Peace Index, Happy Planet Index, and Life Satisfaction Index. Although it sits in the middle of a tumultuous region, there are far worse places to sit in peace as the world goes down in flames all around.
- SWITZERLANDSwitzerland’s long history of neutrality and its tucked away location among the valleys of the the Alps still make it a safe bet, even despite having a high number of bordering nations. It helps that neighboring Austria is also considered a neutral nation